Getting a fertility assessment is a great way to be proactive about fertility
Even if you’re not ready to be a parent yet, now is the best time to be proactive about fertility and learn more about your reproductive potential. Nashville Fertility Center offers a quick and easy fertility assessment that can help you make a family-building plan. When you visit our Tennessee fertility clinic for this test, you’ll get a picture of your current fertility. You’ll also learn more about what it might look like when you are ready for a baby.
Why is it important to be proactive about female fertility?
You’ve probably heard about the concept of a woman’s “biological clock.” However, do you really know what it means?
- Unlike men who make new sperm all the time, women are born with all the eggs they will ever have.
- With each menstrual cycle, you lose about 1,000 eggs. This is true even if you have irregular periods or take birth control.
- Most women see a decline in their egg quantity and quality in their mid-30s. However, this decline happens sooner for some women.
Everyone’s biological clock ticks at a slightly different speed. As a result, getting a fertility assessment can help you see where you’re at on your reproductive timeline.
- If you have a diminished egg supply, you may want to consider egg freezing or starting your family sooner than you had originally planned.
- If you have a good egg supply, you can likely wait a little while longer before you try to conceive and welcome a baby.
Once you have this information, you can work with a doctor at our Tennessee fertility clinic to make your customized family-building or egg freezing plan.
What about male fertility?
While men continue to make new sperm throughout life, they can still experience fertility issues. In fact, male infertility plays a role in about half of infertility cases. These issues can range from a low sperm count to poor sperm quality. Some men may also have structural issues that interfere with the movement and release of semen and sperm.
By getting proactive fertility testing, you can find out whether you might face any obstacles on your future path to parenthood. You can also learn what treatments might help you conceive in the future if you need them.
How does a fertility assessment work?
When you schedule this type of testing, you’ll visit our Tennessee fertility clinic to learn the basics about your personal fertility. In addition to discussing your family and medical history as well as your family-building plans, you’ll also have some basic fertility testing.
- The female partner will receive bloodwork that assesses levels of certain reproductive hormones. These include anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and estradiol.
- The male partner will have a semen analysis.
You and your partner can receive all these services for just $198. If you do not have a partner, you will only pay $99 for the test you need.
As a part of this assessment, your doctor will answer any of your questions about your reproductive potential.
If you’re ready to book your fertility assessment, contact us to schedule your appointment today.