Discover how getting pregnant after 40 is possible
The doctors at our Tennessee fertility center can help with getting pregnant after 40. To assist women over 40 in achieving a healthy pregnancy, our experienced team uses a combination of leading-edge practices, individualized care and high-quality egg donors in some cases.
The challenges of getting pregnant after 40
When a woman wants to build her family after 40, she might encounter several barriers.
- Diminished egg quality and quantity. A hopeful mother’s egg quality and quantity decline in her 30s. This decrease speeds up in her mid-30s. When she reaches 40, she has less than a 5% chance of conceiving each cycle.
- Chromosomal abnormalities. In addition to diminished ovarian reserve, a woman over 40 is more likely to have eggs with chromosomal abnormalities. These abnormalities could cause the woman to develop embryos with too many or too few chromosomes. These embryos can lead to implantation failure, miscarriage or birth defects.
When women have trouble getting pregnant after 40, our Tennessee fertility center specialists can help her discover the reason and move past the challenges.
How egg donation can help
In some cases, women over 40 don’t have eggs that can result in a healthy pregnancy. These women often require donor eggs, which provide high success rates. Our Tennessee fertility center has an excellent egg donor program that gives hopeful parents the best possible chance of taking home a healthy baby.
- High-quality donor eggs. We simplify the process of getting pregnant after 40 by providing hopeful parents with an extensive donor database that includes amazing women who have been carefully vetted. These donors go through comprehensive medical, legal and psychological counseling. They also receive extensive screening for genetic, mental and physical health abnormalities.
- Selecting the right egg donor. As hopeful parents search for the ideal donor, they can view each donor’s photos. They can also receive information about the donor’s personality, education, health background and other relevant details.
- Preimplantation genetic testing (PGT). After our fertility doctors retrieve and fertilize the donor eggs, an embryologist performs an embryo biopsy on the resulting embryos to determine which are chromosomally normal (euploid). This helps ensure the doctor only transfers healthy embryos to the hopeful mother’s uterus.
Our compassionate staff understands the challenges of getting pregnant after 40. We’re honored to provide customized and effective care that helps women and men experience the joy of building a healthy family. Contact us for more information about our fertility services.
Ovation Fertility Stories Meet Claudia and Grayson
Surviving cancer and starting a family