Understanding egg freezing costs
At our egg freezing center in Tennessee, we know it’s important for women who are interested in fertility preservation to understand egg freezing costs. Women often want to know if they can afford egg freezing and whether their insurance will cover the costs.
Breaking down egg freezing costs
Many factors impact the cost of egg freezing, which often ranges from $10,000 to $15,000.
- Medications. There is a fee for the hormone injections that are required to prepare a woman’s ovaries and eggs for egg retrieval. The amount of fertility medication needed is different for each patient, which can cause the cost to vary.
- Age. Egg freezing costs may be higher for older women, as they may need more than one egg freezing cycle to ensure enough healthy eggs are retrieved and stored.
- Monitoring. While a woman is taking hormone injections, she will need to be regularly monitored in the office. Monitoring often includes ultrasounds and blood tests, and the number of appointments varies depending on the patient’s response to medication.
- Egg retrieval. This outpatient procedure occurs while the woman is under general anesthesia.
- Frozen egg storage. Additional egg freezing costs include egg storage. Once the eggs have been retrieved and frozen, there will be an annual fee for storage, which can range from $350 to $1,500. Some storage facilities provide a discount for long-term storage.
- Future IVF cycle. When women are ready to utilize their frozen eggs, they will need to complete an IVF cycle
At our egg freezing center in Tennessee, we help women interested in this option fully understand egg freezing costs, and create a plan for moving forward.
Does insurance cover egg freezing?
Most insurance companies do not cover egg freezing unless a woman needs it to preserve her fertility before undergoing cancer treatment. But it’s becoming more common for employers to cover some or all of egg freezing costs. Women interested in egg freezing should consult with their employer about whether egg freezing is covered.
Women utilizing the services of our egg freezing center in Tennessee can rest assured that their investment will be going towards the highest quality of care and egg freezing technology, as we partner with Ovation Fertility™. Ovation is at the forefront of innovative IVF research. It is accredited by The Reproductive Laboratory Accreditation Program of The College of American Pathologists and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
We look forward to providing support as you explore this exciting fertility preservation method.
Contact us for more information about egg freezing costs.