Recurrent Pregnancy Loss is Defined as 2 or More Miscarriages Before 20 Weeks Gestation.
There are many potential reasons this happens, or it may happen and a cause is never found. Testing to find a cause may involve some or all of the tests below, depending on your situation and the information known about your losses.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Testing May Include:
- Saline Infusion Sonogram (SIS)
- Thyroid Testing (TSH)
- Serum progesterone or endometrial biopsy
- Lupus Anticoagulant (LAC)
- Anticardiolipin Antibodies (ACA)
- Antiphospholipid Antibody Panel (APA)
- Blood test on both partners for karyotype
- Empiric treatment with antibiotics for possible persistent infection
- Chlamydia/GC/Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma cultures
- Protein C
- Protein S
- Antithrombin III
- Factor V Leiden mutation
- Prothrombin (Factor II) mutation
- PAI -1 Gene Mutation
Ovation Fertility Stories
Meet Caitlyn and Brian
Egg donation helps a cancer survivor have a family.