Our doctors can assist you with understanding OAR scores
To get the most accurate information about your egg supply, the physicians at Nashville Fertility Center use the Ovarian Assessment Report, or OAR, from ReproSource. For women who need help understanding OAR scores, the fertility specialists at our Nashville fertility center have answers.
Knowing more about the assessment helps with understanding OAR scores
The OAR combines your age and levels of anti-Mullerian hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, estradiol and inhibin B to come up with your Egg Retrieval Score, or ERS. Your ERS, which can range from one to 20, predicts how you will respond to ovarian stimulation.
Our fertility specialists offer a few basic guidelines for understanding OAR scores.
- • You have a reduced egg supply, if your ERS is one to five.
• You have a fair egg supply, if your ERS is six to 10.
• You have a good egg supply, if your ERS is 11 to 15.
• You have an excellent egg supply, if your ERS is 16 to 20.
If your ERS indicates that you have a reduced egg supply, it doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to get pregnant. Our Nashville fertility center offers many treatments, including IVF and donor eggs, to help you have a baby if you have a reduced egg supply.
There are multiple ways the OAR can help you take control of your fertility
The doctors at our Nashville fertility center want to empower you to take control of your reproductive health, and there are many ways the OAR can help.
- • All women should consider the OAR to learn about their fertility, but it is especially important if you have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or premature ovarian failure.
• More women are interested in postponing motherhood, but fertility doesn’t last forever. If you want to delay childbearing, the OAR can help you decide if you should undergo egg freezing to preserve your fertility.
• If you’ve been unable to conceive after trying for 12 months, or six months if you’re older than 35, the OAR can help your doctor understand the problem and how to treat it.
If you have questions about the OAR or need help understanding OAR scores, please contact us today. Our compassionate and experienced fertility specialists can help you make the most of the OAR.
Ovation Fertility Stories
Meet Caitlyn and Brian
Egg donation helps a cancer survivor have a family.