Discover how advanced fertility treatments can help you have a healthy baby
Patients of our Nashville fertility doctors often achieve their dream of parenthood by utilizing advanced fertility treatments like in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), preimplantation genetic testing (PGT), donor eggs and surrogacy. For many women and men this infertility support offers joyful results after years of managing fertility challenges.
Exploring advanced fertility treatments
The advanced fertility treatments that our Nashville fertility doctors offer are both safe and highly effective. Our team can help patients determine which infertility support is the best option for their unique needs.
- IVF consists of the intended mother taking ovulation induction medications and receiving regular monitoring at our clinic. After her eggs are mature, she undergoes an egg retrieval and our lab fertilizes the eggs with sperm from her partner or a donor. We then transfer the healthiest embryo to her uterus.
- ICSI is an effective procedure where an embryologist injects a single sperm into the center of a mature egg. Our doctors often recommend ICSI for couples when the hopeful father has a very low sperm count.
- PGT can determine which embryo is most likely to result in a healthy baby. During this testing, an embryologist removes cells from the portion of the embryo that develops into the placenta. They then examine the cells to determine which embryos are euploid (chromosomally normal). If intended parents are aware of genetic conditions, preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) can identify embryos with a specific disorder.
- Donor eggs can help same sex male couples and women who cannot use their own eggs. After intended parents select their ideal egg donor, the donor will begin taking medications to produce numerous eggs. The retrieved eggs are fertilized with the sperm of the intended father or sperm donor. After performing PGT, the healthiest embryo is transferred to the uterus of the intended mother or surrogate.
- Surrogacy is an option for same-sex male couples or women who cannot carry a pregnancy. The gestational surrogate will become pregnant with the intended parents’ baby using IVF. Same-sex male couples will also need to select an egg donor because the surrogate cannot use her eggs for the pregnancy.
Take the next steps towards parenthood
Those in need of advanced infertility support will find compassionate, knowledgeable and effective care at our clinic. Our Nashville fertility doctors strive to make the right infertility diagnosis and work with patients to create a customized treatment plan that gives them the best possible chance of taking home a healthy baby.
Contact us for more information about advanced fertility treatments.
Ovation Fertility Stories Meet Claudia and Grayson
Surviving cancer and starting a family