Prerequisites (Requirements) For Beginning an In Vitro Fertilization Cycle*
- A copy of records from previous surgeries, ovulation induction, or IVF cycles
- A normal Gyn exam within the last year
- Documentation of a normal uterine cavity (usually with a hysterosalpingogram (HSG), saline infusion sonohysterogram or hysteroscopy)
- Prenatal Screen (Blood test on patient)
- HIV, Hepatitis C, AMH, Vit D and antisperm antibodies (blood test on patient)
- EKG and Mammogram if you are over 40 years of age
- Semen analysis and semen culture
- Blood tests: Blood type and Rh, hepatitis B and C, antisperm antibody test
- Sperm cryopreservation is recommended so that a back-up sample is available for IVF
*Most of these results will need to be current within 6 months to a year before the start of your IVF cycle. Individual prerequisites may vary, please receive your specific prereq list from your IVF nurse before proceeding to avoid having unnecessary testing.
Preconception Genetic Screening is strongly encouraged before your IVF cycle.