Discover effective fertility treatments for lesbian couples
Our Tennessee fertility clinic helps same-sex female couples achieve motherhood with fertility treatments for lesbian couples. These treatments often have high success rates and give women the best possible chance of taking home a healthy baby.
A look at fertility treatments for lesbian couples
Once the specialists at our Tennessee fertility clinic receive and evaluate the results of a couple’s fertility testing, they will make one of the following treatment recommendations.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) with donor sperm. If one or both women have high-quality eggs and a healthy uterus, we may recommend IUI or IVF with donor sperm.
- Reciprocal IVF with donor sperm. Some couples navigating fertility treatments for lesbian couples choose reciprocal IVF. This treatment consists of one mother providing the eggs that are fertilized with donor sperm and the other mother carrying the pregnancy.
- IVF with egg donation. In some cases, fertility testing shows that neither mother has a healthy egg supply. This situation often leads to IVF with donor eggs. The couple will select an egg donor and a sperm donor. Then one of the women will carry the pregnancy with the resulting embryo.
Selecting a sperm donor
As all fertility treatments for lesbian couples require donor sperm, we can help women select their ideal donor.
- Thoroughly vetted sperm donors. To ensure all our donor sperm is high-quality, specialists at our Tennessee fertility clinic examine each donor’s family, medical and sexual history. They also review the results of genetic testing and a physical exam that includes a blood and urine test.
- Semen analysis. In addition to analyzing the overall health of a sperm donor, our doctors conduct a semen analysis that confirms the donor has healthy sperm. This increases the chance that the IUI or IVF cycle will result in a healthy pregnancy.
- Choosing the right sperm donor. When a couple is ready to select a sperm donor, they view photos of the donor and review information about his job, hobbies and personality.
To make sure the couple ends up with the best sperm donor for them, we are here to answer questions and help them locate donors that meet their specifications.
If you’re interested in treatments for lesbian couples, we can help you take the next step. Contact us to learn more and schedule a consultation.