How to prepare for your first fertility appointment
The team at Nashville Fertility Center knows that confusion and nerves can easily get mixed in with the excitement of your first fertility appointment, but they don’t have to if you know how to prepare. A combination of organized information and supporting items will allow you to make the most of your first fertility appointment.
Information to gather before your first fertility appointment
It’s essential to come to your first fertility appointment at Nashville Fertility Center with all the information your fertility specialist will need to get a clear idea of the journey you’ve been on, so they can help you create a map for where you’re headed.
- Pertinent medical information. Bring a list of any medical conditions you or your partner have, age of your first menstruation, details about your cycle, information about previous fertility evaluations or treatments, and anything else you believe is relevant.
- Details about your past attempts to become pregnant. Before your first fertility appointment, write down how long you’ve been trying to conceive, how often you have intercourse and any information you have been tracking, such as basal body temperature or results from ovulation predictor kits.
- List of medications, supplements, vitamins and herbs you take. Essentially, make a list of everything you ingest, with the exception of basic foods and liquids.
If you have any questions while gathering this information, contact Nashville Fertility Center for clarification.
What to bring
To round out the preparation for your first fertility appointment, it’s important to collect a few essential items.
- A list of questions for the fertility team
- Copies of medical records for both you and your partner
- A notebook and pen to record information during this initial appointment
With your preparation complete, you can rest easy knowing you’ve done all you can to ensure your first fertility appointment at Nashville Fertility Center will be a valuable step on your journey to welcome a healthy baby into your family.
Contact us for more information.Tweet