Answering the question, “Are my frozen embryos safe during COVID-19?”
People around the world are facing unprecedented worry and uncertainty as we deal with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our Tennessee fertility center team has found that patients undergoing fertility treatment have additional concerns and questions. One of the most common questions is, “Are my frozen embryos safe during COVID-19?”
You have enough on your mind right now, so this blog will provide some peace of mind. Learn about the protocols and policies that are keeping frozen embryos safe and sound during this trying time and every day.
Are my frozen embryos safe during the coronavirus pandemic?
The simple answer to this question is yes. As an Ovation® Fertility partner practice, our Tennessee fertility center gives our patients access to the most-advanced storage solutions for frozen embryos. Ovation Fertility Storage Solutions was designed to keep your precious embryos safe and secure until you’re ready to use them to achieve parenthood.
Many features make it possible for us to say yes when you ask, “Are my frozen embryos safe?”
- Advanced equipment and facilities for freezing and storage
- An experienced staff that wrote the book on cryopreservation techniques
- 24/7/365 monitoring of materials, including backup power and security redundancies
- The ability to store embryos for as long as necessary
On top of all these measures, the frozen storage team also applies best practices in cryopreservation and storage to keep your embryos (and your family-building dreams) safe.
Additional measures put into place as protection from COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, Ovation Fertility Storage Solutions has implemented enhanced screening procedures for visitors and employees.
- All visitors must provide information about their recent travel and any past or present symptoms of illness. If their answers indicate they could have or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, they cannot enter the facilities.
- The staff is following the strictest disinfectant and sterilization procedures. Additionally, any ill or exposed team members must remain at home until a doctor clears them to return to work.
As we work together to make it through this difficult time, our Tennessee fertility center team wants you to have confidence and hope for the future. When you ask, “Are my frozen embryos safe?” we are proud to say that the answer is yes. If you have more questions about frozen embryo storage, contact us to learn moreTweet